Production Blog: Finishing Touches


Hello everyone! Welcome back to the blog! I am happy to announce, today's blog is the penultimate blog until the video is published! Last blog I spoke on how I peer reviewed with my friend Anton. He told me how he believed the clips could be transitioned more smoothly to match the music, and how I should add another song to the beginning half of the video. I trusted his judgement and it turned out fantastic. Today's blog is me searching for the song, and syncing the video to the music. Since there isn't much time between now and the due date, I didn't think getting copyright permissions for a song would be possible, so I went on youtube with the help of Renato and found a song called "Phoenix" by Scott Buckley. The song is just a basic, low paced, instrumental, that will fit perfectly in a low volume behind the beginning interviews and call scenes to take up any empty space. Now that the song was out of the way, syncing the music to the song is all that is left until our video is complete. The process of syncing the music with the video clips was both challenging and rewarding. Renato and I spent hours meticulously adjusting the timing, ensuring that the transitions not only looked smooth but also felt connected with the rhythm and mood of "Phoenix". This attention to detail made all the difference. The instrumental soft tones beautifully complemented the opening scenes, adding a layer of emotional depth without overpowering the voices and sounds that are crucial to understanding the story. As we near the completion of this project, I can't help but reflect on the journey. From brainstorming ideas to filming and editing, each step has been a learning experience. Collaborating with friends like Anton, Renato, Finn, Isahiah, and Leo has not only improved the video but also made the process more enjoyable. It's a reminder of the value of sharing creative endeavors with others, embracing their input, and growing together. That's it for today's blog! Thank you all for tuning in. I cant wait for you all to see the finished product tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Scheduling